||Newlyweds have often honeymooned in Fiji,
and increasingly couples are going one step further.
They are getting married in Fiji, making their wedding
ceremony a truly memorable event in a tropical paradise.
The idea of combining
the wedding and honeymoon costs is an attractive
alternative to the traditional American wedding
expense. Just imagine the fun you will have showing
your unique photo album to family and friends.
ABOUT FIJIAN WEDDINGS:
- A Fijian marriage is valid in the United States.
- Couples apply for a marriage license on arrival in
Fiji, at the Registrar General's office in
Suva or Lautoka. Lautoka is only 17 miles from
Nadi Airport. There is no waiting period.
- No Blood test are required.
- Couples will need valid passports and, if possible,
- If you or your fiance are under 21, a parental letter
of consent is required.
- If previously divorced, a decree of dissolution will
be required by the Registrar General.
- The cost of a license is FJ$20.00 or about US$10.20.
||Fiji offers a wide range of wedding choices,
from private intimate ceremonies on a beautiful sundrenched white sand beach to a full traditionial
Fijian ceremony with Fijian wedding attire.
Weddings range from FJ$2.00
at the Registrar's office to US$3,300 at one
of Fiji's luxury resorts. This means there is
a wedding package price suitable for every budget.
Resorts generally offer specific
wedding packages, but small adjustments may be
made to customize the ceremony to fit your personalities
Settings vary from resort
to resort and may include a tropical garden ceremony,
a raised deck overlooking a blue bay, a local
chapel, or a beautiful white sand beach at sunset
under a golden sky.